Pack 1800 is once again going to be a proud participant in this years Multicultural Festival at Highland’s Elementary.
Click here for the Event Page
Pack 1800 will:
- Participate in a cleanup and recycling Conservation Project to continue to help keep the school grounds clean of waste and help improve the environment. By helping with the Conservation Project, scouts can earn service requirements for their rank and earn a service patch. Rotations will be hourly and only last 10 minutes.
- Host a game outside.
Click here to Sign up for a slot to help volunteer at the game.
A Cub Scout promises to “give goodwill” and a Boy Scout promises “to help other people at all times.” There is no better way to show our Scouting Spirit than by participating in the annual Scouting for Food drive! Now is the time to show our community the Scouting values of being loyal, helpful, kind and cheerful.
Scouting for Food is the leading service program for Boy Scouts of America and is a part of the national BSA program -Good Turn for America.In partnership with the Houston Food Bank and “Souper Bowl of Caring,” this council-wide.
We will be in the Highlands Parking Lot (off Colonist Park Drive) on Saturday morning, February 2, to consolidate donations collected for Scouting for Food. Scouting for Food is a Boy Scout Council-wide food drive in which our Pack is proudly participating. Scouts all over the Houston area will be collecting food to deliver to distribution points to provide for the needy.
- We ask that you and your scout simply use this next week to go to your neighbors and friends to collect non-perishable food items.
- Please bring your donations this Saturday between 9:00 am and 10:00 am to Highlands’ front Parking lot.
- The food will be divided into categories and then taken to a participating food pantry.
- Your scout may be able to earn necessary service hours for his rank and possibly receive a cool patch.
Consider using this as a teaching opportunity with your son to promote citizenship and compassion for others in our community.
Thank you for your kind consideration.
Scouting for Food event page.
Thanks to everyone who participated at Kroger this past weekend. Keep selling those coupon books! Remember, each coupon pack costs $10, but has many coupons (approximately $400 in value!) to everyday places like Krogers, McDonalds, Lubys, Jiffy Lube, and many more.
We are asking that all Scouts turn-in money received and any unsold tickets at the March Pack Meeting.