April 13, 2013
Free Admission/Parking $10
Scout Fair Event Page
Scouts from 16 counties will unite in one place to showcase their Scouting skills. Meet leaders and Scouts from your neighborhood. Sample the amazing dutch oven creations and other delicacies in the outdoor cooking area. Visit the midway with over 50 experts representing merit badges. Enjoy live entertainment on the Center Stage. Watch demonstrations, interact with participating booths from our community partners…pick up free offers.
Pack 1800 is participating and will be playing the “Potty Toss” game.
Support the Pack and come out and participate.
The den assignments are:
10a-11a – Bear Den #4
11a-12p – Ragin’ Rams Patrol
12p-1p – Tiger Den #6
1p-2p – Wolf Den #5
2p-3p – Bear Den #7
Scouts shifts should be 15 minutes….two scouts per shift.
It’s going to be a blast at the “Best Scout Fair on Earth!”
Whether you’re a first-time camper or an old pro, a list can always help you remember those last minute items. The majority of the items on this list are obvious to most. The idea is to use this list to help remind you while you’re packing for our event.
Campers may arrive on Friday between 3:00 – 10:00 pm on Friday night. Check in at gate to gain camping site assignments. Remember you are responsible for your Friday dinner.
The program begins on Saturday at either 9:00 or 10:00 am and runs until 5:00pm.
Please remember Bovay will be providing Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and Breakfast on Sunday.
- Cell phone
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots
- Cub Scout Uniform / Pack 1800 tee-shirt
- Cub Scout Handbook
- Light jacket or sweater
- Rain coat/jacket/poncho
- Camp chairs
- Prescription medicine
- Mosquito repellant
For your consideration:
- Extra clothing
- Extra socks
- First aid kit/Personal medication
In addition to the items on the Saturday list, consider the following:
- Tent – Essential item
- Ground cloth/tarp – Essential item
- Extra stakes
- Meal for Saturday Breakfast ONLY…all other meals provided by Bovay
- Water / Drinks..in cooler with Ice
- Sleeping bag or sheets/blankets
- Air mattress, sleeping pad, or cot
- Air pump if using Air mattress
- Change of clothes
- Personal Toiletries
- Camp stove or campfire grill if preparing Friday dinner and Saturday Breakfast
- Lantern charged, with fresh batteries, extra mantels
- Flashlight with fresh batteries
- Propane for stove or lantern
- Bungee cord or rope to secure containers at night (from racoons)
For your consideration:
- Hammer or mallet for hammering in stakes
- Dust pan/brush for cleaning out tent
- Firewood for personal campfire
- Fire starters/newspaper for personal campfire
- Plates and bowls for Friday dinner/Saturday Breakfast
- Disposable plates for Friday dinner/Saturday Breakfast
- Silverware/plastic silverware Friday dinner/Saturday Breakfast
- Paper towels
- Trash bags
- Dish soap if cooking
- Can opener/bottle opener if cooking
- Mugs/paper cup
- Shower-shoes/flip-flops if showering
- Personal Toiletries
- Toilet Paper/Tissues
- Hand wipes/ Antibacterial
- Camera for memories
This month’s Boy Scout theme is “Compassion: Pet Pals!”
To go along with the theme this month, Pack 1800 is going to prove how much we care about all things in our community!
We are going to have a Pet Care Drive at this month’s Pack Meeting…with all items being donated to the City of Sugar Land Animal Services.
Please think about helping out our “little friends” that are waiting to be adopted by bringing in food and toys to this month’s Pack Meeting on Thursday March 21st.
Please read this list below, provided by the city, that states the items the center will accept. Please pay attention to pet food, as not all food will be accepted.
· Please note: For the health and safety of our animals we cannot accept all brands of dry dog, puppy, cat or kitten food. We feed a specific brand of food for the digestive health of our animals. Switching food brands on already stressed animals can cause disruptions to the digestion of the animals. We can accept the following brands ONLY- Purina Dog Chow in the green bag, Pedigree Puppy Food, Purina Indoor Cat Chow in the green bag and Purina Kitten Chow
· Again for the health of our animals we can accept Purina Tidy Cats Cat Litter in the gold and red bag ONLY, no other brands of litter. Switching litter will upset litter box usage and dustier brands can lead to Upper Respiratory Infection.
· Kong Toys
· Fleece type toys (need to be able to be washed in the washing machine)
· Hard plastic or rubber toys
· Old used soccer balls and leather type footballs
· Nylabones (all sizes and/or flavors okay)
· Dog Biscuits (all shapes, sizes and flavors okay)
· Rawhides (pig ears, dehydrated meat, bones, rawhide squares- all sizes and flavors okay)
· Fleece Blankets (smaller sizes for cats and larger sizes for dogs) and washable rugs
· Canned Cat Food and Kitten Food (all sizes and flavors okay)
· Kitten and Cat Treats (all flavors okay)
· Cat and Kitten Toys (all types okay – they love the feather wands and the ones that can be tied on to their cages)
· Stuffed Animals (need to be washable – they can not have any small parts that may be torn off –buttons, bows, etc. – they also must have stitched eyes and noses and be stuffed with poly-fill – no beads or beans)
Please consider bringing a box so we can transfer the items.